DOAJ has a network of 130 skilled, voluntary Associate Editors and Editors who spend a few hours a week processing new journal applications for us. Would you like to join us? We are now recruiting volunteers who understand Portuguese and Spanish (You do not have to be a native speaker.) You must also be proficient in written and spoken English.
As a DOAJ Associate Editor, you will be expected to do a few hours of voluntary, unpaid work a week. You will be provided with training materials to help you carry out your duties. The work you do will directly contribute to the quality, reputation, and prominence of open access, scholarly publishing around the globe.
Requirements of the Role Your role as DOAJ Associate Editor will be guided and supervised by an Editor and a Managing Editor.
Successful candidates will:
- have good knowledge about Open Access (OA);
- be passionate about OA;
- have good knowledge about OA developments in scholarly publishing;
- have a working understanding of OA publishing practices.
In your work you must:
- be confident working online and have stable access to the internet;
- support and promote DOAJ and its goals, and be a DOAJ advocate;
- maintain confidentiality around information you have access to in the DOAJ database and shared Google Drive, particularly applications you review;
- assist in evaluating journals suggested to DOAJ in your specialist language;
Applications are open to anyone with the requested language skills but please note that if you are associated with a journal in DOAJ, you may not be selected due to a conflict of interest.
Thank you for considering volunteering for DOAJ!