We are happy to announce that we have improved the features of our xml validation. As an article XML is uploaded to DOAJ from the publisher area we will check to see if the uploaded file meets a number of criteria:
- Is it actually XML? (have you given us a PDF by mistake?)
- Does the XML meet the DOAJ article schema requirements?
- Do you reference any ISSNs that belong to journals you don’t own? You can’t attach articles to someone else’s journals.
- Do you reference any ISSNs that don’t appear in DOAJ at all? We only take uploads for journals we know about, and your journal records need to contain all the correct identifiers if you want to reference them.
- Do you reference ISSNs that are owned by more than one user? Sometimes it’s possible for the DOAJ to think that more than one user has a stake in an ISSN. In these cases we need to resolve who the true owner is before you can upload.