The Reapplication process opens next week! In preparation, we’d like those of you who have journals indexed in DOAJ to verify that all the correct journals appear in your account when you log in.
It’s a 3 step process:
- Log in to your Publisher Area
- Check the list of journals under the ‘Your Journals’ tab
- Contact Us if any are missing
We’ll locate the missing titles for you and advise you how whether we can assign them to your account immediately or if you need to get the existing account holder’s permission.
It’s REALLY important that as many of you as possible verify that the correct journals appear in your journals list
(If you’re reading this and you don’t manage a DOAJ account but you know a person who does, please point them to this post! Thank you.)
We’re almost there! Testing is underway and the final pieces are fitting into place.
REMEMBER: all journals that were accepted into DOAJ before March 2014 MUST reapply to remain indexed in the Directory.
Are you ready to reapply? We’ll be opening the reapplication system soon so it’s important that, if you are responsible for a journal or a group of journals in DOAJ, you have all the information that you will need readily available:
- Over the next few weeks, we’ll be sending out important communications about the reapplication process. To avoid our emails ending up in your Spam or Trash folders, please add our domain ‘doaj.org’ to your safelist. We may send emails from two or three different addresses so adding doaj.org is the most efficient way for you to ensure that you get your invitation to reapply.
- Keep an eye on our Twitter account @doajplus and our Facebook page. We send a lot of information out over these two channels. Don’t worry though: if you don’t use Facebook or Twitter, all our updates will appear here too.
- Make sure you know your username and password to log into DOAJ. You’ll need this to reapply. If you have forgotten your password, you can automatically reset it. If you don’t know your username, you will need to Contact Us so we can help you. If you try to reset your password and your email address is not recognised by our system, it is likely that someone else’s email address is associated with the journal(s)’ account. Contact us and we will locate the account you are looking for and add your email address.
- If you have more than one journal in DOAJ and you will be responsible for reapplying for all of them, log into your Publisher account at DOAJ and check that all the journals appear in the Your Journals tab. If they don’t then it is likely that they are split over two or more accounts. To make the reapplication process as smooth as possible, we would like to get those accounts merged soon so Contact us and we will help you. (Remember to give us your account number!)
- Read this documentation:
Let me (Dom) know if you have any questions!
- Start to gather the information needed now. Even though you can’t actually submit any reapplications yet you can start to gather all the necessary information, using the documentation above as a guide. When the reapplication system opens, you’ll be able to log into your account and start reapplying right away!
We estimate that approximately 9700 out of the 10090 journals in DOAJ currently will need to reapply. That’s 99%. There’s a lot of work to be done. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask us for help. You can leave a comment here, use our Contact us page (link above), or get in touch via Twitter or Facebook. We’re here to help you!